Monday, July 14, 2008

What if...

I remember back in the good ol' days of primary school in Singapore, there was this talk in the hall (a not too shabby hall I might add) held by a big fat guy (let's call him BFG). Well, BFG showed us how to write a story. He began by saying this:


"What if?"


What if the universe is but a miniscule member of a larger, grander multiverse?


What if a spider bites you and you are able to shoot spider webs (and shoot them up in the sky at who knows what)?


I guess that was my very first foray into the world of storywriting, or as I like to call it - Granding. You know, as in...making grand things.
PS. I call for the word to be an official word by 2012!


And I bet you, reader, feel the same way too. 'What if?' is a really compelling question. It beckons the unknown. It searches for the curiosity within us. It acknowledges who we are: that we are seekers of truths, of something out there. And of what we are:


A speck of dust.


In our quest of granding, be it in business, in art, or in filmmaking, or...
Well whatever it is we are gonna do in our lives...
Just remember that simple yet potent question.
What if I don't succeed?
But what if I do?
The next step is to then ask ourselves, 'How?'


Break that shell of ours.

No comments: